Saturday, September 27, 2008

Using Online Mind Map Tools

I just completed my 21st Century Learning Mind Map, which I have posted below. I am really hoping that you can read it, when you click on it. This was only my second time using mindmapping software (although I generally love to take notes using mindmaps on paper). I never used Cmap or FreeMind before.

I started off using Cmap, but actually found it kind of difficult to use. I could not figure out how to add sister nodes (or lists easily) and the process became a bit cumbersome. I ended up spending too much time trying to learn the tool and could not concentrate on the reading. I switched to FreeMind and found that it was much more intuitive for me. The only two slight frustrations for me was not being able to maneuver the child nodes and it took me a while to figure out how to edit.

All and all this was a very good assignment for me. I will continue to work on this skill so that I can do it faster, and will probably incorporate into future training classes.

No comments: