Sunday, November 23, 2008


Our last class before the final project brought class full circle going back to our original brainstorming on web 2.0 technology. The first time Dr. Foreman asked us to come up with an image of web 2.0, I had no idea what it was (at all!) About five weeks into the class, I started to get an idea of the power or web 2.0 and had a complete "paradigm shift". The web could bring us together, rather than leave us feeling isolated. To me that this really the difference between web 2.0 and web 1.0. Since starting the class, I have become more engaged in social networking and blogging, and I have rallied the other trainers at my work to get more involved in possible using Ning or another tool to continue our networking between meetings. Our social networking subcomittee will be meeting soon. I am also working on lesson plans for both 830 and 800 classes that involve web 2.0 tool. This last class work was great. I was really struck by the difference between our two charts.






1 comment:

Mike said...

I am in a similar position, finishing up Dr. Bonk's Web 2.0 class at Indiana University. I think I went through the exact same transformation. I knew nothing about Web 2.0 in the beginning (taking the class because a friend recommended it). As the weeks went by I began to understand what it really was, how it could bring people together, and how it could be used in education. Since starting the class I also have started social networking, blogging, second life, etc. I'm convinced that at upon completion of my program, this Web 2.0 class will rank as the most valuable that I've taken; something that I'll use on a daily basis.